Palomas are wonderful. Tequila! That is all you need to know. After a history of this mysteriously delicious draught, Kate and Josh move on to talk about how Gene Hackman once was like the Gorton’s Fisherman, how Robin Williams was a creepy stalker, and how Frank Langella got laid six ways from Sunday. Join us, eh?
1. “La Paloma,” sung by Julio Iglesias, best listened to whilst wasting your life away in southern Mexico.
2. Alternatively, you can listen to this and experience what Kate was waiting for the entire podcast.
3. Does there necessarily have to be a morning after? Check out the song set to clips from the movie here. Honestly, Kate may have confused “The Morning After” with “Angel of the Morning.”
4. Hellllllooo ladies. Warning: Authentic 70s man meat incoming!
5. Speaking of dating around, check out “Marriage, a History: How Love Conquered Marriage” by Stephanie Coontz. It’s a wonderful survey of marital traditions and expectations throughout human history. Turns out love and marriage do not, in fact, go together like a horse and carriage. Sorry, Frank.